ASPARAGUS BUNDLES WITH MOREL MUSHROOM CREAM
• 40 Quebec asparagus spears
• 14 g (1/2 oz.) dried morel mushrooms
• 375 ml (1½ cups) 35% cream
• 30 ml (2 tbsp.) salted butter
• Sea salt, to taste
• Fresh ground pepper to taste
• 8 raffia strings or lengths of butcher's twine
In a large pot of salted boiling water, blanch the asparagus spears for a few minutes. Drain them and then place them in a bowl of ice water for 4 minutes. Make small bundles of five spears of asparagus and tie them with a strand of raffia or butcher's twine. Place two bundles on each plate.
Soak the morel mushrooms in a bowl of warm water for at least 20 minutes. Drain and slice the mushrooms. Reduce the cream in a saucepan for fifteen minutes. Add the morels, salt, butter and pepper. Simmer the cream for 3 to 4 minutes more. Pour the warm cream over the asparagus and serve.
Franca Mazza- Menu plaisirs maraîchers Été 2011